My Favourite Coffee Date Places: Roncalli Grand Café

My Favourite Coffee Date Places: Roncalli Grand Café

Hello my loves,

today I'm contributing the second post to my blogpost series: My Favourite Coffee Date Places

Especially now in winter I find myself often sitting in cozy, little cafés and if I had to choose one that fits to this description perfectly, it would probably be the Roncalli Grand Café in the Mönckebergstraße.

It is connected to the 'Circus Roncalli' and is implemented with many circus-alike elements such as pretty, cozy, antique furniture from the private collection of Circus Roncalli's founder.




♥︎   Roncalli Grand Café
Mönckebergstraße 7
20095 Hamburg

Geöffnet Montag - Freitag
von 10 bis 19 Uhr
und Samstag
von 10 bis 18 Uhr

Tel.: 040/ 300 34 943


By entering the café you will already notice the beautiful ice cream truck with a historical touch and directly behind it is a counter with golden accents where you can get all kinds of treats - for example macarons.

If you take the stairs upstairs alongside the sparkling chandeliers, the café migrates into the 'Levantehaus' and you're in the actual café where you can sit and enjoy something to drink.
My favourite spot in this café is directly next to the massive bar made out of dark wood: the glass counter filled with all kinds of cream cakes and pies - my heart is melting.

The remaining space of the café extends on the right to the direction of the Mönckebergstraße and on the left to the direction of the Levantehaus where it is also a part from.
By the way: The 'Levantehaus' is an old, classic Hamburg mercantile office building which is known today as a little shopping arcade with a nostalgic flair.

Besides refreshing drinks and coffee specialties, the menu offers breathtaking cakes as I already mentioned as well as warm and hearty dishes.

The most beautiful atmosphere is created around Christmas time when you see the sparkling trees outside and everything smells like cinnamon...

What a pity that we curtly missed the chance to experience that but now there is at least one highlight you can look forward to in 2019!
And besides that the atmosphere created by the snow January surprised us with is at least as beautiful as the Christmas atmosphere is...

Sara <3