Starthoughts

Starthoughts

Thousands of little sparkling spots on a wide, black canvas.

Big. Wide. Neverending.

This infinity used to be something creating a queasy feeling within me - and sometimes - still is.

Every time when I watched movies or looked at pictures showing the outer space, I felt like there is just nothing to hold on to in this infinite expanse. It seemed to me as if I would be totally unable to control my existence in this boundless room and that frightened me.

But lately that changed.
Looking at a clear starry sky causes the feeling of calm, peace and God being very close.

The countless starry Skies in Portugal, their beauty and this new feeling I felt caused me to write about them.

I think the reason for me not being afraid of the space and its expanse anymore is that I remembered Abraham's story.
Back then God used a starry sky to tell Abraham what kind of big, wide things God has for him.
It stood for God planning to make the impossible possible.
God told Abraham these things in a conversation while Abraham was looking at the stars.
That was a moment of immense intimacy.

I think God has something great and breathtaking in store for each and everyone of us.
To be confronted with his greatness, his power, his perspectives and possibilities can be very impressive. But he wants to share his glory, this glory so badly with us.
He has a planned something for everyone of us in a different way.
He only has the best for us. The only thing we have to do is to allow him to give us what he has for us  and trust that he will give it to us.

God puts dreams into our hearts.

If we reach for the stars, he will meet us halfway and hands them down to us, if we trust him.